1 a statement that is emphatic and explicit (spoken or written)
2 (law) unsworn statement that can be admitted in evidence in a legal transaction; "his declaration of innocence"
3 a statement of taxable goods or of dutiable properties
4 (contract bridge) the highest bid becomes the contract setting the number of tricks that the bidder must make [syn: contract]
5 a formal public statement; "the government made an announcement about changes in the drug war"; "a declaration of independence" [syn: announcement, proclamation, annunciation]
Etymologydeclaracion, from déclaration, from declarationem
- /ˌdɛklæˈreɪʃən/, /dEkl
Declaration may refer to:
- The United States Declaration of Independence
- Declaration and forfeiture, when the captain of a cricket team declares their innings closed
- A type of sentence (linguistics) and a type of speech act (linguistics)
- Declaration (law), a type of relief that may be ordered by a court or tribunal
- Declaration (computer science), the specification of a variable's type in computer science
- Declarative programming, a computer programming methodology
- Declaration (poker), a formal expression of intent to take some action in the card game poker
- Declaration of independence, a proclamation of the independence of an aspiring state
- Declaration of war, a formal declaration indicating that a state of war exists between nations
- Declarative memory, an aspect of human memory
- Declaration (album), an album released by Christian singer Steven Curtis Chapman in 2001.
- Declaration (FFTL album), the upcoming studio album by From First to Last
- Declaration (Bleeding Through album), the upcoming 2008 album by Bleeding Through
- The 12th song of Trivium's 2005 album, Ascendancy.
- The Declaration, a 2008 studio album by Ashanti.
declaration in German: Deklaration
declaration in French: Déclaration
declaration in Russian: Декларация
declaration in Simple English: Declaration
Parthian shot, acceptance, acknowledgment, address, admission, advertisement, affidavit, affirmance, affirmation, allegation, allowance, announcement, annunciation, answer, apostrophe, appointment, appreciation, assertion, asseveration, attest, attestation, averment, avouchment, avowal, bill, bill of complaint, brevet, broadcast, bull, bulletin board, circular, claim, comment, communication, communique, complaint, compurgation, concession, conclusion, confession, confession of faith, crack, creed, declaration of faith, decree, decree-law, decreement, decretal, decretum, deposition, dictum, diktat, disclosure, edict, edictum, encyclical, enunciation, exclamation, expression, fiat, greeting, information, instrument in proof, interjection, ipse dixit, law, legal evidence, libel, manifesto, mention, narratio, nolle prosequi, nonsuit, note, notice, notification, observation, ordinance, ordonnance, phrase, position, position paper, positive declaration, predicate, predication, proclamation, profession, program, programma, promulgation, pronouncement, pronunciamento, proposition, protest, protestation, public notice, publication, question, recognition, reflection, remark, report, rescript, revelation, rule, ruling, say, say-so, saying, senatus consult, senatus consultum, sentence, stance, stand, statement, statement of facts, subjoinder, sworn evidence, sworn statement, sworn testimony, testimonial, testimonium, testimony, thought, ukase, utterance, vouch, white book, white paper, witness, word